Do you see unsightly rust stains when you look up at your chimney cover? Not only is it ugly, it could mean water has found its way inside the chimney itself. If so, you should consider upgrading to a new chimney chase covers for your Chicago, IL home.
At Early Times Home Solutions, we fix anything related to your chimney—and we help you understand the purpose of each product we offer.
What Is a Chimney Chase Cover?
Unless you’re a professional chimney inspector, product terminology may confuse you. Some industry specialists use the terms “chase cover” and “chimney cap” to mean the same thing. Here’s the difference between the two:
- A chimney chase cover, or top pan, is a fitted metal covering for your chimney chase (the full exterior housing for your flue and fireplace). It protects your chase from moisture.
- A chimney cap, or topper, fits directly over the flue so animals, pests, and debris can’t enter.
Signs That Your Chimney Chase Cover Needs Replacement
When you live in a house for a long period, your chimney’s chase covers begin to rust from overexposure to rain, snow, and ice. Over time, the metal corrodes. At this point, you’ll see noticeable rust on the cover followed by metal pitting. Both problems indicate you need a new cover.
Our Early Times Home Solutions specialists create chimney chase covers that fit your chimney’s measurements exactly. Here’s what else you can expect:
- Copper and stainless steel covers (each offers a lifetime anti-rust/corrosion warranty)
- Aluminum covers in more than 20 colors (10-year warranty included)
- Galvanized steel covers (accompanied by a 1-year warranty)
Protect your chimney’s interior from damaging moisture while maintaining your chimney’s exterior. It’s easy when you order from Early Times, where we specialize in quality chimney chase covers for your Chicago, IL home.
Call us for a no-cost, at-home consultation today at 877.737.6600.