Need for Proper Insulation
Did you know that 40 percent of a home’s conditioned air escapes through the attic? By sealing air leaks and adding attic insulation, you can reduce your energy bills by a significant amount. If your home is older than 10 years, there’s a high probability that it has inadequate insulation.
The most important thing to be aware of with insulation is the R-Value or the insulation factor. R-value is a measure of thermal resistance. The higher the number, the better the building’s insulation effectiveness. Energy efficiency leads to lower utility costs.
Building codes in the Chicago area generally require attics to have an R-Value of 38, or the equivalent of approximately 12″ of fiberglass insulation. If your home has less than 12″, you are wasting a good portion of your energy consumption. At Early Times, we offer R-49 as a standard, equivalent to 16.5 inches of insulation. R-49 is the recommended level by ENERGY STAR® for the Chicago area.
Advantages of Upgrading Your Insulation:
- Reduces energy consumption
- Extends life of roof
- Increases life of heating and air conditioning equipment
- Improves acoustics
- Government tax incentives
- Fiberglass does not decay, absorb moisture, or settle
At Early Times we can assist you with the following attic insulation upgrades:
- Extraction of existing insulation that has been damaged by animals that have made a home in your attic or where water leaks have damaged your existing insulation.
- We also install cellulose insulation for those customer who prefer a more environmentally friendly product.
- We can add new fiberglass batts, rafter baffles, additional soffit vents, ridge vents or mushroom vents.
- We install protective barriers around Non-Ic rated can light fixtures terminating in the attic.
- We can replace your existing electric attic fan or add a new electric or solar fan.
Get blown-in attic insulation and start saving on energy in your Chicagoland home today. Call Early Times Home Solutions.